Adobe have issued a contest! They’ve recently digitized Edvard Munch’s actual brushes (!!!) so that anyone can use them to paint in Photoshop and Sketch! So cool. So they’re challenging people to paint something using these brushes, and I’ve made something for it! I actually started by checking out the other creations that were uploaded under the tag on Behance, which wasn’t a very good idea as I instantly got insecure about what to create myself. But I gathered some courage and decided I wouldn’t be affected by all the Scream-like images that others had created and make it in my own way! I thought I’d talk you through the process today! So I thought we’d start with looking at the finished result! Here it is! I’ve used the brushes to create the stars and some structures, and the main Scream-like thing about this is the general composition. Here’s what I’ve written in my submission on Behance: I decided I wanted to...
I’ve had a pretty tough time lately, health has been bad and I have literally had no energy. Like, to the point where I’ve spent several days a week just in bed doing nothing. It has really been quite bad for my mental health too, as I’ve basically not been able to do anything I like! But I’m not just writing this to tell you about how miserable I’ve been, I’m writing this to tell you that I’m better now! I’ve gotten some energy back (for whatever reason) and have been able to do some more creative stuff. I also had a pretty big realisation that I was spending a lot of time creating what I thought was expected of me rather than what I wanted to create, which isn’t my goal at all. So I’m changing things up, and spending more time making physical things – painting, embroidery and collage.
Things have changed in my life since last time we “spoke”, and I’ve started a course on Youtube and videomaking for Youtube! It started last week, and it’s already so much fun and fits me perfectly as I’m trying to get better from my #summerfromhell. One of the assignments this week was to do some visual storytelling, but the instructions told us to keep it simple so I was like “well I’ll just tell the story of me painting then”. But that video didn’t feel interesting enough for my actual Youtube-channel, so I talked a little bit about how happy I am to have started painting again, and the meaning of creating using your hands. It’s a pretty short one, but I hope you’ll enjoy! This video was also like the first time I really got to use my fancy new camera and film something pretty with it (although it might have been overkill with the depth of field, but meh) which was SO MUCH FUN. Moving the camera around all the tim...
Kommentarer
Skicka en kommentar